Save the Date: Saturday, Oct. 14
Join Us for a Night at the Observatory
We’re partnering with the Warren County Astronomical Society to bring you a truly unique event.
- Discover the sun and the night sky from 5 to 11 p.m.
- Learn about how to power electric cars and trucks with a home solar system.
- Hear from the CEO of an auto company bringing a solar-powered car to market next year.
- View all the sun’s current activity with special telescopes.
- Talk with EV owners about their experiences of driving EVs and take a test ride.
- After dark, view the big planets through the Fred Bay Observatory telescope. And bring your personal telescopes, too.
The idea for this program during conversations with our leaders. Four of the astronomy group’s nine board members drive EVs. (Two of them also are Drive Electric Dayton members.) And our president, Rap Hankins, has long been interested in astronomy.
The Warren County Astronomical Society is a non-profit group with about the same number of members as Drive Electric Dayton. Its volunteers host public events and participate in community events to help people discover the night sky. Their approach is much like ours. So this should be an educational and entertaining evening.
More details to come. For now, save the date and plan to join us at the Fred Bay Observatory at Hisey Park near Waynesville from 5 to 11 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 14.